[gNewSense-users] gNewSense as lightweight PIM server on VIA ARTiGo or L

From: Pen-Yuan Hsing
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense as lightweight PIM server on VIA ARTiGo or Lemote Yeeloong?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 21:27:22 -0400

Hello,

I would like to set up a tiny form factor groupware server (including calendar, tasks, and contacts functions) for personal use, in my attempt to untangle myself from Google and have a more Free computing experience.

For the groupware software, I am considering Citadel (http://www.citadel.org/) and SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu/english.html). And of course, I would like to use gNewSense as the operating system. Anyone has tips on setting either Citadel or SOGo in gNewSense?

On the hardware side, I am looking at the VIA ARTiGO A1100 (http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/a1100/index.jsp), with the following specifications:

Mainboard: EPIA-P820
Processor: 1.2 GHz VIA Nano (64-bit)
Memory: 2 GB 200-pin DDR2 800 mHz
Graphics: VIA Chrome9 3D/2D AGP Integrated Graphics
LAN: VIA VT6122 10/100/1000
Audio: VIA VT1708S 8 channel HD audio
Wireless: VIA 802.11 b/g (not sure what model number)
HDD: Transcend 32GB SSD or OWC Mercury 40GB Extreme Pro SSD

Here's what I am wondering:

Are the software and hardware solutions I stated above Free (as in Freedom)? I know gNewSense is, but what about hardware support for the A1100?

IF the hardware is not fully free, is there a viable alternative of a similar, tiny form factor? Perhaps something similar to the Lemote Yeeloong but not a netbook? If the Yeeloong is the only way to go, please let me know how I should set it up.

Please let me know either way, and if there is an alternative please show me where to find it?

I have asked this question on multiple forums and received NO replies for more than a week.....

Thanks!