Re: [gNewSense-users] Mininova's gNewSense contribution

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Mininova's gNewSense contribution
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:36:36 +0200

Frederique W. Piccart schreef:
Mininova (http://mininova.org) is a torrent search engine that has been
kind enough to feature the official gNewSense 2.3 torrent,
http://www.mininova.org/tor/3002501. (note the little featured star)

What does this means? It means that they will contribute some of their
server resources to seed the torrent to ensure high download speeds are
achieved for people who download gNewSense through the official torrent.

Thanks Fred, for putting it on there. Thanks to Mininova for supporting us.

Some thoughts about the website:

Mininova recommend Vuze as a Bittorrent client, which appears to have some license issues [1]. Maybe they'd consider recommending something more free instead, e.g. Deluge. gNewSense users can just use Transmission (the default client).

I couldn't find any source code for the Mininova toolbar. I assume that it's non-free software and so recommend against installing it.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuze#License_change