[gNewSense-users] Mininova's gNewSense contribution

From: Frederique W. Piccart
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Mininova's gNewSense contribution
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:44:33 +0200

Mininova (http://mininova.org) is a torrent search engine that has been
kind enough to feature the official gNewSense 2.3 torrent,
http://www.mininova.org/tor/3002501. (note the little featured star)

What does this means? It means that they will contribute some of their
server resources to seed the torrent to ensure high download speeds are
achieved for people who download gNewSense through the official torrent.

Mininova is very open about freely supporting, well, just about
anything that's positive and really free (not just priceless). You can
read more about that here, http://www.mininova.org/distribution.

Right now however they are having some legal difficulties. Brein, an
organization that is trying to stop unfair distribution of copyrighted
content, has taken Mininova to court because apparently Mininova acts
unlawful.

In my own opinion, on how this case got handled, this is completely
outrageous and undeserved. You can read more about that here,
http://blog.mininova.org/articles/2009/08/26/mininova-considers-appealing-in-brein-case/.

I just wanted to mention this to the gNewSense community. Thanks for
supporting us Mininova, we'll support you back. I've included the
ddress of a staff member in this email. If you wish to share your reply
with him, be sure to reply to all recipients.

And remember, try to use and recommend the gNewSense torrent when
possible. ;)