[gNewSense-users] DeltaH CD 2.2 gNewSense Release

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [gNewSense-users] DeltaH CD 2.2 gNewSense Release
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:32:04 +0930

Hi all,

The gNewSense project is pleased to announce version 2.2 of its 100%
FSF Free GNU/Linux distribution. This is the second point update to the
release codenamed 'deltah'.

This release was made 2009-04-15, and contains all security updates
made to the archive up to and including 2009-04-14.

This release introduces GLX back into the default install. This enables
hardware accelaration by default, meaning Compiz and 3D games will work
once again.

As with 2.1, gNewSense 2.2 is available as a live cd for x86 (i386)
systems, using GNOME as the default desktop environment (others such as
XFCE or KDE are available post installation).

Download links:
Live CD:
http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.2.iso
Source tarball:
http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-cdsource-deltah-i386-2.2.tar
Torrent:
http://cdimage.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-livecd-deltah-i386-2.2.iso.torrent

Short list of changes (full list available via SVN log):
gNewSense:
- Installer now supports two more filesystems
- GLX re-introduced
- changed description of -updates and -backports in "Software Sources"
- use linux-image-generic instead of linux-image-386
- lsb_release output corrected
- GNU Icecat repo available via Software Sources

Builder:
- Substantial code restructuring
- CD isos have had their naming format changed
- Usplash packaging cleaned up, helping portability
- Contents-$ARCH.gz files are generated

- Website:
To coincide with this release, a new skin has been applied; we hope you
like it.

As always, we're in #gnewsense on irc://chat.freenode.net.
More details about gNewSense can be found at http://www.gnewsense.org

Thanks,

Karl Goetz, on behalf of the gNewSense dev, art and web teams.

PS.
On a personal note, I'd like to ask you not to find major regressions
in my first release.
:P

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)