Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Updated packages for enscript (bug #35885)

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Updated packages for enscript (bug #35885)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:48:03 +0100

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 07:00:15PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> I noticed that our versioning wasn't properly documented yet, so I
> edited the wiki for that just now [1]. If you could edit your changelog
> accordingly, then it'll be perfect.
>
> [1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Building_A_deb_Package#Updating_the_changelog

Thanks for the directions. Somehow I overlooked that guide and didn't read it
while working on the package (and it lead to few problems, such as .pc
directory which I forgot about ;))

I edited changelog as you suggested and additionaly made small modification to
control file (found this in psutils package made by Karl Goetz in March 2012):

 Maintainer: gNewSense Hackers <gnewsense-dev e-mail address>
 XSBC-Original-Maintainer: Tim Retout <original maintainer address>

New sources can be found here:
  http://cyfr0n.c0.pl/gns/parkes/enscript_1.6.5.2-1gnewsense1.dsc

Is that control file modification correct or should I revert this change?
There is lintian warning about that Original-Maintainer field, but I didn't
take it seriously ;)

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl