[Gnewsense-dev] Fw: mipsel buildd status update

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Fw: mipsel buildd status update
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 12:13:58 +0930

Relevant to us.
kk

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:59:14 +0200
From: Andreas Barth <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: mipsel buildd status update

Hi,

For mipsel, things have improved dramatically:

rem is working again. The issue was the both the cpu and the psu fan
were broken. Florian Lohoff fixed them for us. As unstable is fully
built, rem is working on the backport-packages.

The Longsoon-machines can now be used to build unstable, as Matthias
Klose has backported the relevant binutils-patch with the workaround
for the silicon level bug, and also gcc was changed to use that
workaround by default. We're running both an 2e and 2f machine, and
both machines seem to be pretty stable as of now; however using the
right code the bug can of course still be triggered. As it happens,
these machines build experimental while unstable is empty.

All of our needed kernel patches are as of now at least in the mips pull
tree for linus (that's way better than it used to be - some of the
patches were sent for inclusion after we run them successfully), but
some might only be part of 2.6.35.

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au