Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder

From: Rubén Rodríguez Pérez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 01:54:02 +0200

> Sorry, my estimate of the numbers in the error message were wrong.
> The needed space expressed in a sane unit is around 50 GiB. Builder
> used to link the Ubuntu mirror to the gNewSense one, but that line
> has been commented out in revision 256. I don't know why (Karl, any
> thoughts?). This means that reprepro wants the copy the whole mirror.
> So instead of taking up around 50 GiB it will take up 100 GiB.

I don't know how your setup works, but in we have both a cleaned up
Ubuntu and a Trisquel repo, and if both are in the same partition
reprepro will use hard links to fill the second one, making the first
one take less than a GB.

Reprepro will not convert existing similar repositories to hard link
copies, so I wrote this: http://devel.trisquel.info/ubuntu/dupes.sh