Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] about the builder
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 13:02:37 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Sat, 8 May 2010 06:42:47 +0200
Rubén Rodríguez Pérez <address@hidden> wrote:

I don't know how your setup works, but in we have both a cleaned
up Ubuntu and a Trisquel repo, and if both are in the same
partition reprepro will use hard links to fill the second one,
making the first one take less than a GB.
They have to be under the same mirror root don't they (rather then
simply on the same partition)?
They need to be in the same partition, otherwise the hard link can't
be done. Other than that, I think reprepro will use hard links
instead of copies when you use a file:/ path in the final repository
updates file.

ah, using file:// must be the magic trick. Something we can fix 'when
we have time' :/

Interesting, I didn't know we could use file://. AFAIK, reprepro update is the only reason we run a webserver on sandbox, so we can eliminate that when we fix this.

The dupes script is also useful. I thought fdupes could do something similar, but it seems that can only find files, not do hard links.