[Gnewsense-dev] Re: [bug #28597] TeX is missing

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [bug #28597] TeX is missing
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:50:36 +0100

Richard Stallman schreef:
Can someone please show me the entire license?  Maybe I can confirm it
is ok.

%%% copyright       = "Copyright 1995 American Mathematical Society,
%%%                    all rights reserved.  Copying of this file is
%%%                    authorized only if either:
%%%                    (1) you make absolutely no changes to your copy,
%%%                    including name; OR
%%%                    (2) if you do make changes, you first rename it
%%%                    to some other name."

Comment in the Debian bug report:

- it does not permit to distribute changed versions, even when renamed,
- the current LPPL allows to change the internal identification as an
  alternative to renaming the file, and
- this text doesn't even allow to copy amsclass.dtx to amsclass.dtx.bak