[Gnewsense-dev] Re: [bug #28597] TeX is missing

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [bug #28597] TeX is missing
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:35:13 +0100

Richard Stallman schreef:
    - it does not permit to distribute changed versions, even when renamed,

It seems to say nothing about permission to distribute copies, not
even for unmodified copies.  I am sure that fails to reflect their
intentions.

If you point that out that flaw to them, it may convince them to agree
to let us put the LPPL on our copy now.  That would solve everything.
If they give permission, please forward the message to address@hidden
and ask him to print it and file it.

Debian (and gNewSense) have contacted AMS about this in the past months. That's how AMS were made aware of the issue and that's why they agreed to change the license for future versions. gNewSense's contact with them has sent them an email yesterday to ask them again about licensing of the current version. We'll give them a couple of days time to respond.