Re: [Gnewsense-dev] can anyone build grub mipsel?

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] can anyone build grub mipsel?
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:16:17 +0100

Karl Goetz schreef:
This is all a bit bizare. I don't really know where to move from here.
Contact debian grub maintainers? grub upstream? thoughts anyone?

Vladimir (phcoder) dropped by in #gnewsense-dev yesterday to post a status report on his work on GRUB to replace PMON (FYI, "only video is remaining"). I asked him about the build dependency on gcc 4.4 in the sid package. He said GRUB doesn't normally check for gcc version (as was evident from my own test with trunk). So it must be something specific to the Debian package. Robert Millan is one of the Debian maintainers, and as he was also in the channel, so I pinged him about it, but got no response. He's still subscribed to this list, but To'ing anyway.