Re: [Gnash-dev] "Couldn't find plugin for video type video/x-h264! Pleas

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] "Couldn't find plugin for video type video/x-h264! Please make sure you have gstreamer-ffmpeg installed."
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:18:12 +0100

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 01:02:41PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> I get the above error when trying to play an yout ube video, after I
> installed Lubuntu 14.10.
>
> The sound plays, and the stored video contains the video as well, as it is
> fully playble by smplayer.
>
> I find notes to the effect that I could not find "gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg" when
> I installed Lubuntu 14.04.
> At that time, I could get it by installing the
> “ppa:mc3man/trusty-media”

I do can find gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg on a 14.04,
but have no "media" in source lists.
Maybe you need "universe" or "multiverse" sections ?

> repository., but  there is some problem now, either with finding the pkg, or
> installing it, perhaps because
> I am not using trusty anymore, but utopic...
> I have tried to find it elsewhere, but without success.
> Supposedly it is superceded by gst-libav (sp?) but Ihave not had luck with
> that as well (several days ago), and could not
> find it or maybe install it, or it did not work - I don't remember (sorry).
>
> If anyone has solved this problem and knows the solution, please let me know.
>
> If what I tried should have worked, I will try again, and do a better job of
> documenting my attempt(s)...

I'd think it should work with gstreamer-libav or gstreamer-ffmpeg.
Also, there should be an automatic plugin installation procedure triggered
under gnome (maybe not under LXDE).

--strk;