Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] Re: Bugs severity

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] Re: Bugs severity
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 17:42:42 +0200

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 10:40:44AM -0400, diptorup wrote:

> And *Sandro* since Rob is doing the actual release management, once he
> actually proposes a release date, let the team then decide which bugs
> are actually Blockers from the release perspective. With a realistic
> approach being how much can be fixed, given the team's bandwidth. If
> something is marked as a Blocker but is deemed too complicated or too
> isolated to affect a wide population, then the Release manager can as
> well degrade it. Since you have yourself done so in at least one case in
> 0.8.9 ( as you rightly did not want to hold up the release
> indefinitely), I think you would find this agreeable.

Sure.
Only I'd do it during the release phase, after feature freeze,
and most importantly with a _team_ discussion.

The case you mentioned [1] was downgraded after a couple of days of
discussion, both on IRC and on the tracker itself.
See comments #24 and #25, then check history at the bottom

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?32521

Mind you: we fixed 30 blockers or more, during the month from rc1 to final.
Doesn't look like they were too complicated to deal with does it ?

--strk;