Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] Re: Bugs severity

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash-commit] Re: Bugs severity
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:44:06 +0200

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 06:19:53PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   Personally, as the person that has done most all Gnash releases,
> leaving critical bugs unfixed for a release would be bad policy. Also as
> the person whose name is on the tarball and the announcement, don't you
> think I care about the quality of the release ? Bug reports are one of
> the ways to judge what that quality is. I deeply care about the quality
> of Gnash.

The experience of 0.8.9 showed that you didn't even query the bug
tracker to check which blockers we had. And, when pointed out that
blockers existed [1], you even complained that none of them you
would have had time to fix (low-hanging fruits) [2].

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnash-dev/2011-02/msg00008.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnash-dev/2011-02/msg00009.html

After that, Benjamin, Bastiaan, Gabriele and me all filed and squashed
_so_ many more blockers [3]. It was _helpful_ to have them
marked to know what to work on. And we continuously monitored the
"blocker" set to tell when it was time to get the release out [4].

[3] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnash-dev/2011-03/msg00002.html
[4] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnash-dev/2011-03/msg00010.html

That's to say that I'd like to hear from Benjamin, Bastiaan, Gabriele
about what's more useful for them. That is, I'd like the tracker to be
useful for those who actually care about fixing bugs.

--strk;