Re: [Gnash-dev] configure malfunction detecting pthreads with configure

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] configure malfunction detecting pthreads with configure
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:15:21 +0100

-mthreads is correct
On 27 Oct 2007, at 21:25, Eric Hughes wrote:

Folks:

I've been trying to get a cygwin compile working with gcc 3.4.4. I kept getting linker errors with missing pthreads symbols. I've tracked down one potential source. 'configure' is apparently getting something wrong with pthreads detection. Here's the relevant section of config.log:

configure:47947: checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread
configure:48081: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -Kthread -Wl,--as- needed conftest.c -lm >&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-Kthread'^M
configure:48087: $? = 0
configure:48107: result: yes

OK, I don't know how the test works, but that result is obviously wrong, because, in their lingo, "pthreads does not work with - Kthread". Continuing...

configure:48117: checking searching for pthread library
configure:48145: checking for joinable pthread attribute
configure:48170: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -Kthread -Wl,--as- needed conftest.c -L/lib -lpthread -lm >&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-Kthread'^M
configure:48176: $? = 0
configure:48193: result: PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE

While I don't know what this result does, it seems wrong to be setting pthreads capabilities where none exist.

The correct flag, from what I can tell, and if one is even necessary, which I don't know, should be -mthreads.

Eric