Re: [Gnash-dev] building for gnash with flash toolsets

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] building for gnash with flash toolsets
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:30:19 +0200

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:28:14PM -0400, Chris Barrett wrote:

> The biggest slowdown was actually moving the mouse.  It seems Gnash takes a
> *really* long time to process mouse movements, even when we aren't using any
> onMouseMove listeners.

Ooh.. here's the culprit :)
It is a known bug: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20102

I'm busy on designing an important new feature of Gnash so can't help much
there atm, but I think Zou will be interested in looking at this, we know
the reason pretty well already.

> from Macromedia/Adobe.  Will the same .fla I'm using in the Flash 8
> compiler, set to compile as Flash 7 in AS2, also be usable with free
> software tools, or is there something else I should do to enable you to
> access the source?

No, .fla files are not accesible from free software.
For this case the slowdown should be reproducible by simply having *many*
visible
sprites on stage.

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign