Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash-dev Digest, Vol 11, Issue 25

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Gnash-dev Digest, Vol 11, Issue 25
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:03:46 +0100

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 09:48:59AM +0800, zou lunkai wrote:

> Maybe only Gnash creates two things: a variable 'container' and a
> character 'container'.  To my opinion,  that's not quite correct.
> Firstly,
> a chareacter 'container' is created. And then, there is a DefineLocal(0x3c)
> which trys to define an variable  also named 'container'. But at last
> the variable
> will not be created,  because DefineLocal will find the 'container'  already
> exist. "0x3C" will just set the container again.  So, there is always
> ONE 'container'
> and maybe no culprit.

Good point. The only reason for this to fail in Gnash is then the fact
we 'descend' to upper "local variable frames" in getVariable(), as one
of my commits handed the DefineLocal for timeline scopes to NOT
use the set_local but directly the set_variable function (threating
the DefineLocal as it was a SetVariable).

I guess a testcase for this will help, in particular trying to *first*
declare the local and *then* adding the character seems to be in interesting
one...

--strk;