Re: [Gnash-dev] version in menu?

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] version in menu?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:32:49 +0100

Rob Savoye wrote:
James Lockie wrote:
It would be nice if the version (CVS) was in the popup menu of the plugin.
An about dialog?

  Hum... I'm not sure if that's the right place for this info. This
would more likely go in the "About" box, which unfortunately isn't part
of any of the GUIs.

The plugin does not have any "about" box and I think it doesn't have to have (*) menu bar. So an "about" option menu in the plugin I think it would be ok, wouldn't it?

  As a more long-term goal (since we currently lack anyone with real GUI
programming background) I'd love to see the Gnash GUI extended to have a
real menu bar, where menu items for "Help" and "About" would go. Even
better would be a dialog box for setting user preferences, etc...

  This would be an excellent way for somebody to make a contribution to
Gnash, that doesn't want to get involved in any of the core programming.

Have hope my friend ;)

I may have some time to play a little bit with it, but can promise nothing at the moment.

SebastiĆ