Re: [Gnash-dev] Trying to run the tests

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Trying to run the tests
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:42:26 +0100

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 11:05:11AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:

>   I also don't think we want to distribute test cases in a release, it's
> probably better that people use the online versions on the developers
> site, as one of these days we'll hook it up to automatically log all the
> results into a database.

Ok, so Makefile.am should be cleaned up for this, currently something
is added to the EXTRA_DIST variable, but is also broken...

Speaking about hooks, I think we surely need an hook to regenerate
the onlinetests when any of the testcases sources are updated.

This is more important than the database thing at this stage, IMHO,
and mainly much simpler to implement :)

The wiki should be good enough to report failures from the "official"
player, so we want to be sure the test reachable from a click on the
wiki is always up to date...

--strk;