Re: [Gnash-dev] CommonGetUrl behaviour.

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] CommonGetUrl behaviour.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:53:59 +0200

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 11:41:44AM +0200, annonygmouse wrote:

> The documentation I found at
> http://sswf.sourceforge.net/SWFalexref.html#action_get_url2
> defines many of the possible target values.
> It also defines possible Method values:
> 0     <don't send variables>
> 1     GET
> 2     POST
> here we should add value "64" that means AFAIK load&render inside a
> canvas in own flash, canvas determined by target name.

64 might be a bit flag, so that GET and POST method could be
mixed with it. We need a flash coders to try at producing
those tags.

> In the patch I created:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/file/todo_loadmovie.diff?file_id=10728
> you can see I tried to take into account all the known targets, what do
> you think?

I don't think gnash should parse targets itself, rather
it should send the target info to the getUrl remote command
(like you do for _blank handling).

The only case in which we should do something with targets is
when (if confirmed) the method's 64 bit is set, in which case
I'm assuming we would consider the target as a sprite and
call the loadMovie() method on that sprite (to be tested).

--strk;