Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about frontends

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about frontends
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:23:18 +0200

Hello strk,

>> Maybe that's part of the frontend API redesign and I would strongly
>> suggest it...

s> This is highly reccommended, from my POV, but I don't think anyone
s> is really working on it. Thomas was also pushing for it, maybe you can
s> join your efforts toward a redesign.

I would like to, but certainly it is better if someone does it that is
already familiar with the Gnash internals.

>> Anyway, we really need some clarification of the internal structure of
>> the drawing part.

s> I see this as an intermediate step for redesign: clearly documenting
s> the current architecture as decision support material for next step.
s> Any contribution in this direction (even incremental) is higly appreciated.

In any case some hints right here in the mailing list would be a good
start, so that we don't have to find out everything ourselves. Just
the basic structure, where things are located and such..

Udo