Re: [Gnash-dev] Questions about frontends

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Questions about frontends
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 17:34:06 +0200

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 05:19:36PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> Can this avoided altogether, say, have the line properties passed to
> the frontend and let it draw the line the way it likes?

> Maybe that's part of the frontend API redesign and I would strongly
> suggest it...

This is highly reccommended, from my POV, but I don't think anyone
is really working on it. Thomas was also pushing for it, maybe you can
join your efforts toward a redesign.

> Anyway, we really need some clarification of the internal structure of
> the drawing part.

I see this as an intermediate step for redesign: clearly documenting
the current architecture as decision support material for next step.
Any contribution in this direction (even incremental) is higly appreciated.

--strk;