gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] not finding some files

From: Chris Cowley
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] not finding some files
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:11:31 +0100

I have gmediaserver on a Linksys NSLU2 (running Debian Unstable).

Mostly it works great, but some of the files do not appear. They are in the file system, mt-daapd will server them out to iTunes clients, and I can play them straight from the file via either NFS or SMB, but my Netgear MP101 will just not find them.

You can browse to the Artist, then into the album, but then the MP101 just says <No items>.

At first I thought that they had lost their ID3 tags when I FTP'd them to the NSLU2, but they have an D3 tag fine (at least according to mp3info).

Please help me before my wife throws it away - she will only tolerate modern technology when it is convenient! This is currently not :(