gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Stuck in busy loop after Noxon 2 Firmware upgrade

From: Daniel Albers
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Stuck in busy loop after Noxon 2 Firmware upgrade
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:26:06 +0100

Hi everyone,

it seems that since I updated my Noxon 2 gmediaserver gets stuck in a
busy loop as soon as the Noxon tries to browse a directory containing files.

I tracked the problem down to sort_criteria_comparision(), where
gmediaserver never returns from
    while (sort_entry != NULL) {

because p1 and p2 are actually NULL

        char *p1 = get_entry_property(e1, sort_entry->property);
        char *p2 = get_entry_property(e2, sort_entry->property);

 and therefore none of the exit conditions is triggered.

        if (p1 == NULL && p2 != NULL) {
//...
        if (p1 != NULL && p2 == NULL) {
//...
        if (p1 != NULL && p2 != NULL) {

I assume the reason for p1 and p2 always being NULL is, that the
sort_entry->property that is expected to contain "dc:title" actually has
a value of "dc:title\020".

That's all I found out until now and since I'm running a bit out of
time, I'm asking here, if someone already came across this or a similar
problem.

Any further hints are welcome!

Best Regards

Daniel