Re: [Gm2] Compiling with pim-coroutine

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Compiling with pim-coroutine
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 17:53:55 +0000

Johannes von Rotz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> it seems I have misunderstood your post. I have now written a short
> definition for MySystem as you suggested and the modules now compile
> again. Thank you very much!
>
> What I don't understand is why the compilation works with INTEGER16 and
> so on when using just the PIM library, but fails when using
> pim-coroutine. Are they using a different revision of PIM?
>
> Also, when I try to import CARDINAL, INTEGER, SHORTINT and SHORTCARD
> directly in ANSITYP.def and using them for the individual type
> definitions, it doesn't work either. Why?
>
> Maybe I need to revisit the manual on the GM2 web site.
>
> Cheers,
> Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I think there might be some missing data types in the pim coroutine
SYSTEM.def.

It might be worth turning on -fsources and compile your tiny test
programs above.  You should see the SYSTEM.def parsed.  [In gm2
SYSTEM.def and SYSTEM.mod are parsed].

It is likely that in the pim-coroutine version of SYSTEM.def the sized
data types do not appear, whereas in the pim libraries they are present.
If you feel brave you can just cut and paste the sized data types from
the pim SYSTEM.def into pim-coroutines SYSTEM.def.

I believe this bug to be fixed in the 4.7.3 branch - I need to back port
this fix into 4.1.2.

Just checked this is the case so you could:

paste these:

INTEGER8, INTEGER16, INTEGER32, INTEGER64, CARDINAL8, CARDINAL16,
CARDINAL32, CARDINAL64, WORD16, WORD32, WORD64,
BITSET8, BITSET16, BITSET32, REAL32, REAL64, REAL96,
REAL128, COMPLEX32, COMPLEX64, COMPLEX96, COMPLEX128,

into:

/opt/gm2/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.1.2/gm2/pim-coroutine/SYSTEM.def

and it should be fixed.