Re: [Gm2] Compiling with pim-coroutine

From: Johannes von Rotz
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Compiling with pim-coroutine
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 23:50:35 +0100

On 12/02/2013 09:26 PM, Gaius Mulley wrote:
> this should indeed be possible - it would be interesting to know if this
> works with:
> http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-4.1.2+gm2-20131007.tar.gz
> which I think fixes the above bug (or at least there were corrections
> with the SYSTEM.def sized types).

Hi Gaius,

thanks very much for your help. I compiled the sources and gave it a
try, but no luck: The error message is still the same.

In my case, the actual use of the "unknown" symbols INTEGER{16,32} and
CARDINAL{16,32} happens in a separate definition which is imported by
several modules. This definition also defines a set of C interfaces like
size_t, memcpy et al. I've read there's already an internal (?)
interface for that kind of stuff, may that be a problem?

The idea is/was to define a common set of types for the various
platforms in a single file, (The files are/were preprocessed by vc from
the SCCS toolkit). This obviously isn't necessary when using just one
platform, but just adopting the common types is way easier than
adjusting every single module, I guess.

By the way, I've tried to compile from CVS, but there doesn't seem to be
a Makefile created after using configure. Also, options like
--enable-languages seem to have no effect or aren't recognized by the
configure script. If you need any help cleaning up the scripts, i'd be
glad to help.

Cheers,
Johannes

--