Re: [glob2-devel] YOGServer issues

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] YOGServer issues
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 19:20:56 +1300

Come to think of it, another instance would block the port. Kill everything glob2, and try. When the server used to crash for me (before Brad fixed it, it would actually just be frozen, but not quit completely.

Also worth mentioning is that the output for the preferences file message was commented out before release. So the server trying to execute is either .23, or a development version prior to 0.9.1.

Regards
Kieran

On 10/1/07, Stéphane Magnenat <address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 01 October 2007 02:02:40 Kyle Lutze wrote:
> could someone please check the screen session on the main server? or did
> the yog server get moved to a new server? every time i try to start
> ./NewYOGServer.sh it keeps throwing errors.
>
> Settings::load("preferences.txt") : error, can't open file.
> NetListener::startListening:Couldn't bind to local port
> glob2: NetListener.cpp:59: void NetListener::startListening(Uint16):
> Assertion `false' failed. ./NewYOGServer.sh: line 7: 20738 Aborted
>        ./glob2 -daemon
>

> I have no idea how preferences.txt is supposed to be otherwise I would fix
> it :/

I'm not sure it's related to preferences.txt, are you sure there is not
another instance of yog or any other program on the same port ?

Steph