Re: [glob2-devel] The future!

From: Donkyhotay
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] The future!
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:52:07 -0700

I like most of those options (especially the idea of an insta-map option
right from the create game screen like AoE has, this is something I
played around with awhile back but just didn't have the skills to fully
implement) if we add in another completely new map generator then I
would recommend getting rid of at least ONE of the older ones as it will
be pretty bloated with 3 in there. I did set up a locking campaign
system however it's based off the joey campaign and his story. If we're
going to get a bigger campaign system implemented we'll need to come up
with a story and universe to base everything off of. I know there is a
wiki page with recommendations and suggestions for various universes but
we will need to make one of them official (or come up with a whole new
one) so that when the campaign maps are created and the stories behind
them are set up there aren't any conflicts. The only thing I would
stress about the universe is that the globs are NOT a hive mind. Read
the universe page for my reasons behind this but honestly if you think
about the way the game is played the globs simply don't act like a
hive-mind. Pre-game alliances are a definite addition though I think
there should be a pre-game toggle that allows/prohibits in-game alliance
switching. The rest of the stuff would be nice (especially a built-in
tournament ladder) but not really necessary.