[glob2-devel] world desync bug fixed!

From: Donkyhotay
Subject: [glob2-devel] world desync bug fixed!
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:07:12 -0700

The world desync bug has been fixed and uploaded onto CVS. Customized
flag options are still in place and working correctly. I had too many
problems trying to implement a GUI trick so I just updated the the
OrderCreate system so now the initial amount of units assigned to the
building/flag are sent in addition to the team, coordinates and type.
This does add another 4 bytes of data for each create order placed
however it is the fastest option short of removing the feature entirely.
This does somewhat affect people working on the AI systems as anytime an
OrderCreate is called it will need to have an extra variable for the
initial amount of globs assigned to the creation. Since originally the
number of units assigned was always one I have just assigned one to each
OrderCreate within all the AI's. I have tested both network games and
custom games vs. AI's and didn't run into any problems with the new fix
so I believe everything is fine now.

--
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on
believing in windmills.