Re: [Getfem-users] interface condition question

From: Ronan Perrussel
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] interface condition question
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 08:01:00 +0200

Hello,

it was not fully straightforward but you can find an example in:
getfem++/contrib/inter_element_test,
if you have matching meshes on the interface. If not it is certainly possible but I am not the expert to explain how to do.

I hope it helps,
Best regards,
Ronan

Jehanzeb Hameed a écrit :
Hello,

I am investigating the possibility of using getfem for implementing a
2 domain problem, with an interface between the domains. I want to use
continuous lagrange elements on each domain, and a jump condition at
the interface. The jump condition will take the form (u_1 - u_2, v_1 -
v_2), where u_1 and v_1 and test and trial functions for domain 1, and
u_2 and v_2 are test and trial functions for domain 2.  The integral
(u_1 - u_2, v_1 - v_2) is only over the interface between the domains.

Can this be done relatively easily in getfem?

Thanks,
-Jehanzeb