Re: [Getfem-users] interface condition question

From: Jehanzeb Hameed
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] interface condition question
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:18:30 -0500

Hello,

I am now comfortable enough with getfem to start attacking the
interface problem, thanks to help from this list. In the code for
getfem++/contrib/inter_element_test, there is piece of code which I
cant fully understand, and I havent been able to figure it from the
documentation. The relevant lines of code are:

    const base_matrix& B = ctx1.B();
    gmm::mult(B, pgt1->normals()[f1], up);
    scalar_type norm = gmm::vect_norm2(up);
    scalar_type J = ctx1.J() * norm;

What is the matrix B? Also, does J give the determinant of Jacobian
transformation for the face (if so, why)?

Also, on a related note, I am planning to use the technique in this
file to implement the jump integral. Yves mentioned the method in
crack.cc, which uses mortars and some sort of constraints matrix,
which I havent looked into yet. Is there a reason to prefer one of the
two approaches?

Thanks,
-Jehanzeb