gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's secu

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's security credentials
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:32:07 +0100

> Uhm,  i can't see that dialog (with 'service type') in 1.3.5 / svn 1281.
> Is not in svn yet ? I can see the old dialog plus a 'close' button. Double
> click also works.
> Or did you change any installation path ? I got 1.2.4 also installed, until
> now there was no conflict (usr/bin vs. /usr/local/bin and so on)

There is no (should not be) conflict, simply it's not in the repo yet.
For those brave ones who want to try it out, I'm attaching the patch
which will add mockup dialog that can be invoked with CTRL+N. The dlg
doesn't do anything real (yet).

btw. i can not avoid crash even if i hit 'cancel' in the 'connecting' status
widget - it first looks like works but then 3 seconds later still crashes
anyway.
> In case i didn't launch any gkd, it's
> "** (gnome-commander:18919): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome
> keyring daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not provided by any
> .service files"
>
> Somehow i'd wish there would be failsafe operation even if gcmd can't connect
> to gkd...

I'm working on that...

> This machine is a hard testbed isn't it ;)

;o)

Piotr