gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's secu

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Use of GNOME authentication manager for user's security credentials (3/3)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:52:53 +0100

> Uhm,  i can't see that dialog (with 'service type') in 1.3.5 / svn 1281.
> Is not in svn yet ? I can see the old dialog plus a 'close' button. Double
> click also works.
> Or did you change any installation path ? I got 1.2.4 also installed, until
> now there was no conflict (usr/bin vs. /usr/local/bin and so on)
>
> btw. i can not avoid crash even if i hit 'cancel' in the 'connecting' status
> widget - it first looks like works but then 3 seconds later still crashes
> anyway.
> In case i didn't launch any gkd, it's
> "** (gnome-commander:18919): WARNING **: couldn't communicate with gnome
> keyring daemon via dbus: The name org.gnome.keyring was not provided by any
> .service files"
>
> Somehow i'd wish there would be failsafe operation even if gcmd can't connect
> to gkd...
>
> This machine is a hard testbed isn't it ;)

Hi folks,

These are the last commits in the ‘GNOME authentication management’
series :o)  The changes bring:

        commit #1341

        storing remote connections in simpler format
        (U:<tab>alias<tab>uri) in the cfg file
        (~/.gnome-commander/connections). All previous entries are
        preserved and imported as connections NOT requiring GNOME
        authorisation.

        commit #1344

        brand new dlg for editing connection details

That should allow enabling/disabling the usage of g.k.m. for
authentication. The 'lock' icon in the connection list indicates if it's
being used or not.

I do not expect the code to be rock solid, but IMHO it should be
working. Please do test.

WARNING: Please backup your config file before the usage!!!!

Enjoy,
Piotr

BTW - I haven't tested it yet but the code for remote connections should
support other protocols too (just edit connections cfg file and set uri
manually to sftp:, dav: or whatever :o))) This functionality is intended
for 1.2.6, but the framework is already here.