gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] CLC for GCL

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: [Gcl-devel] CLC for GCL
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:22:55 +0200

Moin Guru's,

  I have ASDF (mostly) CLC (nearly) up and running - so my next GCL/ANSI
  patches will have the goal to gain some libraries up and running, that
  come with Debian CLC and ASDF install.

  `/usr/lib/common-lisp/bin/gcl.sh install-clc` appreantly went fine,
  after a lot of GCL patches that came after pathnames and formatter.
  But a `clc-send-command recompile port gcl` fails with :

>(c-l-c:compile-library 'port)

Finished loading /usr/share/common-lisp/systems/port.asd
Compiling /usr/share/common-lisp/source/port/ext.lisp.
Error in LET [or a callee]:
  Cannot create the file /usr/share/common-lisp/source/port/ext.data.

Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Broken at CONDITIONS::CLCS-OPEN.  Type :H for Help.
 1 (Continue) Retry opening file
#P"/usr/share/common-lisp/source/port/ext.data".
 2 Retry performing #<PCL::STD-INSTANCE NIL > on #<PCL::STD-INSTANCE "ext" >.
 3 Continue, treating #<PCL::STD-INSTANCE NIL > on #<PCL::STD-INSTANCE "ext" >
as having been successful.
 4 Return to top level.
dbl:>>4

Top level.
>(asdf:component-pathname (asdf:find-system 'port))

#P"/usr/share/common-lisp/source/port/port.asd"

  I wonder why CLC defined all those logical pathnames, when ASDF
  does'nt see them anymore. There might be some place, where I'm
  translating them to physical pathnames to early. But truename
  has to resolve logical pathnames and even symlink, as the above
  pathname points from /usr/share/common-lisp/systems/port.asd to
  ../source/port/port.asd.

  any idea, what's going wrong would be nice - also: what are the
  addresses for the CLC and ASDF mailing lists ? I'll certainly
  have some more questions around this complex.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM