Re: Cathedrals - was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software book?

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: Cathedrals - was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Free software book?
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:37:01 +0000

Dave Crossland wrote:
and XFree86 was (do any OSs still use XFree86 !?)

No. :-)

This is probably true, however several unsourced claims on the current X.org wikipedia page[1] say otherwise:

The X.Org Server is increasingly popular with the free software Unix-like operating systems, being adopted in most Linux distributions and BSD variants, with the exception of NetBSD (although X.org is available via pkgsrc).

Please feel free to prove wikipedia wrong, it may well be.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.org

--
www.dobo.urandom.co.uk
----