Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:50:18 +0000

On 29/12/2007, Chris Lale <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems that iPlayer streaming now works on Linux using Flash.

iPlayer streaming works on GNU/Linux with Adobe's _proprietary_ Flash
player that has DRM streaming functionality - although this is not
turned on _yet_.

> There is a BBC iplayer forum [3]. It may be worth creating Linux-related
> thread(s) there.

l see no reason we should encourage people to use proprietary software
that implements DRM.

> At least the word "Linux" will have passed in front of one pair of eyes at
> the BBC.

Asking them to use "GNU/Linux" would be good though :-)

--
Regards,
Dave