[Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Debian needs Welsh and Irish l10n help
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:44:42 +0000

I just noticed that the Welsh and Irish languages have been deactivated
from the debian-installer.  Can anyone help find help?  Source:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2006/11/msg00145.html
D-I towards RC2 Day 1: 50/1/36/38/22

I don't know whether these can be rescued in time for the next release
and given how infrequent releases seem to be these days, that's sad.
Debian is the ancestor of a number of others, including gNewSense
through Ubuntu, and Cymrux through Knoppix, so I hope that improving
debian localisation will help those too.

Please pass this message on as you think best.

Thanks,
--
MJR/slef