[Fsfe-uk] OS Hub: Can one respond with Free/OS software?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] OS Hub: Can one respond with Free/OS software?
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 07:27:09 +0100

Dave Nichols and Mark Brier,

I was asked to pass your survey address
http://www.ncc.co.uk/research/projects/os_hub.cfm on to
organisations that I know.  However, I am surprised to see that
readers are told they "require version 7 of Acrobat Reader" in
order to participate.

1. Can you publish instructions for participating with free/open
source software?  My copy of GNU Ghostscript gave an error on
the PDFs which I can forward on request if it would help.

2. Do you agree that requiring use of non-free/open software
will bias the responses you receive?

3. Are you aware of the history of Acrobat's publisher Adobe,
the DMCA and Dmitry Sklyarov? [1]

4. I see that a prize of a Nokia Internet Tablet is offered. Are
you aware of Nokia's support for European software patents[2],
which would threaten free/open source software?

5. Do you think these links to the Adobe and Nokia corporations
will further bias the responses you receive?

I await your reply with interest.

Faithfully,
--
MJ Ray