Re: [Fsfe-uk] Resignation from AFFS committee

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Resignation from AFFS committee
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 18:37:51 +0100

Graham Seaman wrote:
> How can you have the 'required majority' outside a meeting, whether
> minuted or not?

I can't answer most of your questions for you, but I can this.

There's a standing order allowing a resolution-by-email if
an absolute majority support a proposal - more controversial
ones should still go to an actual meeting. The order is
http://www.affs.org.uk/~mjr/admin/rfc-emailres.txt - I don't
recall any amendment, but I'm sure that I don't have a
complete archive of ctte emails.

I counted 3 for, 1 abstaining and 2 not voting, which isn't 4 for.
All the numbers get a bit dodgy with a half-full committee.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/