Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux for Kids Briefing

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Linux for Kids Briefing
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 01:21:04 +0100

On 2004-10-01 00:14:03 +0100 Paul <address@hidden> wrote:

Personally, I would advise the use of FC or Mandark. I'd never recommend
Debian. I just don't like it as a distro - it certainly is easy to get
running (but then so is FC, SuSE and Mandark), but it's not as good as
it's cracked up to be. I'd prefer to use Slackware over Debian!

You have the choice, so choose the right one. There are many situations where Debian and Debian-based distributions make a lot of sense. Seeing as you don't say why it's "not as good as it's cracked up to be"(?) then it looks a lot like FUD.

This probably isn't the right list for DistroWars though.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk