Re: [Fsfe-uk] Chaos in the EU Council....

From: Samuel Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Chaos in the EU Council....
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:20:46 +0100

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 10:03:57PM +0100, Alex Hudson wrote:

Indeed. The BCS have been conspicuously silent, although I'm not sure
it's really their field per se.

Lobbying on behalf of computer professionals is exactly their field.
When I wrote to complain to their members magazine about a column
advising on the important of patenting your software they failed to
publish the letter instead just saying "we have received a letter
suggesting software patents may not be legal" with a column explaining
why they were legal and very important.

I didn't renew my membership.

Hiring managers I've spoken with on the subject of the BCS seemed to think that BCS membership would be a reason not to hire someone.
May be time to start a new IT lobbying group/union?

Sam