[Fsfe-uk] Friday afternoon copyright news

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Friday afternoon copyright news
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:32:10 -0000

Just seen http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,970219,00.html

Royal mail threatening to sue an artist for stamp copyright infringement.
Will the artist go all the way through to freedom of expression from the
Human Rights Act?  Won't all UK copyright law for literary and creative
works start to unravel if they win like that?  Computer programs are
classed as literary works.  Yikes.  Surely it can't be true?

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."