[Fsfe-uk] Money

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Money
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:37:57 GMT

Friends,

The AFFS bank balance currently stands at the princely sum of 150 pounds. I
thank those of you that have paid your membership fee, and especially those
of you that have sent in extra donations to the general fund.  While this is
enough for the basic lobbying activities that we do, it is not enough to do
everything that we'd like to do.  I think it will take a further dent when
making materials for the Expo.  I'm guessing large poster, membership forms,
leaflets, at a minimum... how much should we help out with costs of people
manning the stand?  In short, if you are yet to pay your membership fee or
you can donate more to the general fund, it would be very appreciated.

What are the other expensive things that we want to do?  Looking back, two
of the biggest ideas are preparing a totally free software demonstration CD
and localising some accounting software for the UK.  Are these a good pair
of projects that people are willing to contribute towards?  Do we have the
knowledge on this list to draw up good requests for quotations for them?

OK, flame on.

MJR