Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: UK Prepares Own Version of the DMCA

From: Simon Waters
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: UK Prepares Own Version of the DMCA
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:56:44 +0100

Marc Eberhard wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 01:44:09PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> > Will AFFS as a group post a response?
>
> Do you volunteer to write a response? We could then discuss it on this
> mailing list and if consensus is reached post it in the name of the AFFS.

Thanks Marc,

my initial response would be "No" - I need to find some more
work and improve my companies cash flow - but some nasty piece
of work over the weekend reminded me that if we don't take part
in the political process others with different motives will -
grr.

So I will draft an initial response today, I'll try and keep it
short, and I won't be offended if after reading it someone steps
in and completely restructures it.

I think we need to get it in quite quickly - I'd suggest end of
this month gives them a month to mull it over before the end of
the deadline.

 Simon