[ft] ttfautohint: separate GUI and console binaries

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft] ttfautohint: separate GUI and console binaries
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:29:53 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

it took me a whole week of intensive documentation reading and
compilation experiments, asking on various mailing list, etc., etc.,
to eventually find out that I need two binaries on Windows, one for
the console and one for the GUI.  For consistency I've decided to
create two binaries for all platform.

Sigh.  It's simply not possible to make a Windows program behave the
same way as a POSIX one.  I haven't believed it, now I know :-| Well,
I'm an absolute beginner w.r.t. to Windows programming...

After building from the current git there is now a `ttfautohint' and
`ttfautohintGUI' binary.  It compiles nicely on Windows also; I've
successfully used MinGW (but please check the `INSTALL.git' file for
more details).  The only drawback of creating a static GUI binary on
Windows is its size: Due to the Qt libraries it's about 8MByte
(compared to 150kByte on GNU/Linux using Qt DLLs).

I invite the adventurous user to compile and test!  If everything
works fine, I'll release a new version in a few days.