Re: [ft] Alignment problem running on ARM926

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Alignment problem running on ARM926
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 09:53:44 +0200 (CEST)

> I encounter an alignment problem when using libfreetype on an ARM926
> system.  The problem happens with multiple calls to FT_Load_Glyph,
> which seems to free the last used glyph before creating a new
> one. The underlying function, ft_mem_free, causes an alignment trap
> error.
>
> My guess is that the arm architecture is not well supported by
> libfreetype, am I correct with this assumption?

There are some __CC_ARM, __ARMCC__, and __arm__ macros in file
`ftconfig.h', and ARM assembler code is available also, so it has
definitely be used on ARM platforms.

> Another factor that leads me to think this way is ftconfig.h which
> states
>
> #define FT_ALIGNMENT 8

This is obsolete code.  Thanks for spotting it; I've just removed it
from the git repository.

> My arm requires data to be aligned with a 16 bits boundary. I tried
> changing this line to
>
> #define FT_ALIGNMENT 16

Originally, this macro gave alignment in bytes, not in bits...

Can you help with debugging this issue?