[ft] Alignment problem running on ARM926

From: Eric Chartier
Subject: [ft] Alignment problem running on ARM926
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:34:16 -0400

Greetings,

I encounter an alignment problem when using libfreetype on an ARM926 system. The problem happens with multiple calls to FT_Load_Glyph, which seems to free the last used glyph before creating a new one. The underlying function, ft_mem_free, causes an alignment trap error.

My guess is that the arm architecture is not well supported by libfreetype, am I correct with this assumption?

Another factor that leads me to think this way is ftconfig.h which states

#define FT_ALIGNMENT 8

My arm requires data to be aligned with a 16 bits boundary. I tried changing this line to

#define FT_ALIGNMENT 16

But it didn’t help. A quick grep over the whole project shows that this define is not used by any other file. Is alignment handled somewhere else by another mechanism of some sort?

Thank you for your time,

Eric Chartier