[ft] Problem : Type1 face fails to load

From: Goran Bjelanovic
Subject: [ft] Problem : Type1 face fails to load
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 16:53:48 +0200

Hi,

I'm new with FreeType library. I'm currently dealing with Type1 fonts. As you know Type1 fonts is actually  one PostScript program.
Attachment contains PS file that defines simple font with only two glyphs ( 'a' and 's' ). FreeType is unable to create a face from this file, and always returns error code 2. Font program contains all required entries and GhostScript is able to produce output on them, so font program is correct one.

So my question is:
1. Is FreeType able to parse an arbitrarily PostScript  font file. And if it can't what is the file format it request.
2. Is there any way to  display little more information about error.

Regards,
Goran