[ft] FreeType "out-of-the-box-experience"

From: Daniel Dekkers
Subject: [ft] FreeType "out-of-the-box-experience"
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:16:23 +0200

Hi,

I’m trying to use CMakes find_package(FreeType)  to find the include/library directories to include them in my Windows/Mac OS X project.

My CMakeLists.txt looks like this …

set(ENV{FREETYPE_DIR} ${ROOT_DIR}/freetype-2.4.6 CACHE PATH "Root directory for FreeType")

find_package(FreeType REQUIRED)

In Mac OS X, things seem to work fine (after a configure, make and make install of the lib).

find_package() finds the libs and sets the CMake variables so I can use them later on.

These variables are set:

FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2

FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build

FREETYPE_LIBRARY

But in Windows, no luck yet.

I can build the libs using the distributed solution files in Visual Studio. But then what? Do I have to copy them to a specific location?

Kind Regards,

Daniel Dekkers