Re: [ft] Size problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Size problem
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:34:38 +0200 (CEST)

> I have two program, one in c# and other in c++, which display the
> same things (same text).
>
> In c++ i use freetype for font rendering, in c# i use the framework.

Your description is far too generic.  We need more details.

> The rendering is different with same parameters (width, height, DPI,
> style, etc.), the size and in particular the space between char is
> not the same. Sometimes, the space between 2 char is less larger
> than in C#, sometimes it is the reverse.

Which font?  Which FreeType version?  Snapshots?  Which Windows
version?  A demo program which exhibits the problem?  Normally,
regarding TrueType fonts, Windows is right (by definition :-).  In
case differences are abnormally large this might point to a bug in
FreeType.